Body measurement or Dress measurement, which one to consider?
Dress measurements are usually 3-4 inches bigger than body measurements, so that it will fit you properly. Dress measurements are more accurate, because you are already measuring your perfecty fitting dress.
- For example, if your body measurement for bust size is 32 inches, then you can go for S size.
- For bust 32 inch body measurement, dress measurement will be 36-37 inches which will be S size.
How to take measurements?
- Lay any of your dress on a flat tabletop.
- Take a measuring tape and measure the distance from the bottom of one armhole to the other in “INCHES’ for bust measurement.
- Multiply it x 2.
For e.g. if the length is 19 inches,
your size is 19 x 2 = 38inches or Medium size.
- See the corresponding size as per dress measurement coloumn.
Measure your bust at the fullest part, including your bra. Pull the tape so it fits snug but not too tight. Take measurements in inches and compare it with our body measurement coloumn.
Measure the narrowest part of your torso. That will likely be somewhere at or above your belly button.
Your hip should be the widest point between your waist and your thighs.